Disclaimer: The views, opinions and other ramblings found within this blog are strictly my opinion and thoughts and not those of my current employer or any previous employer.
I’m a 30 something from Melbourne, Australia who has been getting paid to do IT related work since 1999. Once you start getting paid to do something I guess that is the point when it stops being a hobby and starts being a profession right?
I got my start working for a non-profit organisation in Broome, Western Australia and have since worked for both privately owned and publicly (ASX listed) owned companies. I have an active interest in IT (i.e. it isn’t “just a job”) and do spend a lot of my personal time reading, testing, learning, playing around with new things that spark my interest. I suppose the purpose of this blog is to share some of my thoughts around this.
I have held the following industry certifications (some current, some not):
- Amazon AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Associate Level
- F5 Certified Technology Specialist, LTM (F5-CTS LTM)
- F5 Certified Systems Engineer, LTM (F5-SEL)
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
- Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator (RHCSA)
- VMware Certified Professional 5 – Datacenter Virtualization (VCP5-DCV)
You can view more of my professional stuff on LinkedIn.